RWET – Cut up 2: Sets and dictionaries

This week I continued to work with news and tried to make some lightly cut up headlines. What I ended up with is a script that reads in a whole article, splits it into headlines and body (kind of hacky), finds words unique to each article and then randomly replaces words in the headlines with these unique words. Here are some results:

I had to run this a bunch of times to get good results but I was happy with the way it created this news blending effect. I could see working more on distorting news articles.

The code is a bit sloppy this time but I was able to to make some light usage of dictionaries and sets. I found myself relying on lists a lot out of familiarity but could begin to see how other structures would be useful.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *